A trial attorney with overwhelming success in court.

A trial attorney with overwhelming success in court.

Call Now For Help


The Peace Of Mind You Deserve.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » 
  5. Divorce
  6.  » Divorcing A Controlling Or Abusive Spouse

Protection From Abusive Spouses And Violent Partners

Leaving an abusive and controlling spouse or partner can be dangerous. The stress of the separation and the fact that they are finally losing control over the situation can cause some people to become dangerous.

Whether you are leaving an abusive partner or divorcing a violent spouse, your sole priority is to protect yourself and your children. If you are confused, frightened and alone, The Law Office of Care Enichen, LLC, can help you figure out what to do next.

Guidance, Answers And Advocacy

Care Enichen is more than just an attorney. She is an advocate. As a former judge and prosecutor, she has firsthand knowledge about the effects of unchecked domestic violence. Substance abuse in the home is often linked to abusive behavior. Care attends classes and seminars on substance abuse, giving her better insight into how to handle these complex family situations. She works hard to keep her clients safe both in and out of the courtroom.

If your spouse or partner has threatened you with violence or actually hurt you, you need to take steps to ensure your safety first. Only then can you focus on the legal issues involved in your divorce or child custody case.

One of the ways that Care can help you is through a legal protective order. In Colorado, these are legally enforceable orders that require your abuser to stay at a distance. In some cases, emergency protective orders are available. They can even force your abuser to leave your home and give you custody of the children. If your abuser violates the order, he or she can be arrested and charged with a crime.

Take The First Step Toward Freedom From Abuse

Abuse is never acceptable. Let a lawyer help you figure out the steps you need to take to break free from your situation.

If you need help obtaining a protective order so that you can free yourself from an abusive relationship, call The Law Office of Care Enichen, LLC, in Boulder, at 720-443-4166. We can also be reached online.